Thursday, September 29, 2011

And what day would be complete...

...without a rant.

One that I've had before, too.

I made no new friends last night. There were a few horrified glances in my direction. All because I quite cheerfully mentioned that the best way to deal with trespassers on rail way lines... was to not stop the trains. Let the problem solve itself.

Lets be honest, if you've climbed over the barbed wire fences, and walked past the signs with the oh-so-subtle "DANGER OF DEATH" printed on them, to frolick about in front of 70mph+ trains between 25kV AC power lines, reasonable doubt as to your will to live must exist. We have a local prison, I'm sure there are inmates there that can clean up as part of their efforts to repay their debts to society once you've found a train you couldn't quite dodge quite quickly enough.

Motive escapes me. I assume crossing the track at a random point is a shortcut home for some, but certain organisms revel in causing disruption to others (filling a void, I guess, but I'll skip the psychoanalysis for now).

Either way, apparently playing frogger with idiots on train tracks in reprehensible. I beg to differ, and shall respectfully disagree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home