Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Hell, in a handbasket

Well, today's been fun so far. Not 11am yet and when the revolution finally comes, I doubt I'm going to be able to find a long enough wall to line all the pillocks up against.

My boss' boss' boss yesterday decided he didnt like the rack in my lab. So it's now been swapped out for a mobile rack with no cable management and the stability of a tramp after his third bottle of meths. Moderately frustrating. Then, I notice that the shelving housing the KVM has gone. Replaced with what is effectively a woodworking bench. Add to this all my server and appliances no longer have cabling of any form (power, ethernet, usb, serial) and the tip becomes less tip and more the entire bloody iceberg. If I want power, the 8gang and 6gang leads have all been packed under EVERYTHING I'll never need, ever.

Then my old boss asked me to magic up a server I dont have, install an OS I don't have on that, then install a product I don't have on top of that, and run it with a license key that (yes, no prizes for guessing) I don't have. Once that particular cluster of miracles has been performed, I need to pass this server on for transport. Within 7 hours. Could be fun, particularly seeing as the license takes 48 hours to procure on a good day.

Other than that I've only been hassled by about half the users for trivial information this morning. The others appear to have heard my not so quiet rant and are keeping their distance. It seems they can be taught.

Oh well, off to save the bloody world again I guess. Chin up, scuttlers, laters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home